Source: Harvard Business Review Article by Edward M. Hallowell
- Make time every few hours for a "human moment"--a face-to-face exchange with a person you like.
- Get enough sleep
- Switch to a good diet
- Get adequate exercise
- Break down large tasks into smaller ones
- Keep a section of your work space clear
- Try keeping a portion of your day free of appointments and e-mail.
- The author recommends that companies invest in amenities that contribute to a positive atmosphere.
This blog is based on this book. In it are actionable ideas on being a better manager: The 1% Edge - The Workbook - Power Strategies to Increase Your Management Effectiveness